Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My pictures from this week come from the town that I grew up in, New Bedford, MA. We have the luxury of taking part in a yearly festival called the Blessed Sacrament. This festival celebrates all Portuguese history and is one of the largest Portuguese festivals in the world.


Madeira Ave is named after the Madeira islands off of Portugal. I like the way this picture looked in black and white, slightly cropped. Many people are also aware of Madeira wine, which is also named after such.

I enjoyed taking a picture and filling the entire frame with an architectural piece. This is a wooden deck, which I waited until around sunset to take the photo.

More on fotothing.

2 comments:

  1. The railing on the deck is especially strong as you are filing the frame nicely and light working on the stiles really activates and enlivens the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your self portrait does remind me of the Portuguese girl in the movie "Mystic Pizza" Have you ever seen it? ... worth renting, its a classic.

    ReplyDelete