Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Beach


These are two of my favorite pictures from this week at the beach. The picture on the left is one of many that I shot through a crevasse in-between two rocks close to the water. It might possibly be my favorite picture that I have ever taken and I have 3-4 different pictures of it. This week was challenging only because my job requires me to work in the afternoon. When the sun is setting would have been my  ideal time that I would have liked to have gone to the beach to shoot these pictures. Hopefully I can go back soon to take more under different lighting.

Unfortunately when uploading this week's pictures onto fotothing the vertical pictures did not upload vertical, so I apologize for anyone that has to strain their neck to view them!

2 comments:

  1. I like your photo on the left with the water. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To get the images in Picasa to load vertically, you need to first export them to a new directory, only then will the edits you made be saved. When they are in the "Library" they are only showing a proxy of the editing but the original file is still unchanged.

    Think about shapes and how they are designed in the frame through your careful looking not only at the subject but also at the edges of the frame as you compose the shot.

    ReplyDelete