Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 2 Photos

Heyy everyone,
Sorry for the delay with the past few weeks. I had a death in the family and some technical difficulties with my camera but I'm back now. For this assignment I decided to park my car downtown New Haven and check out some cool buildings. I also looked in my own town of East Haven to find some cool structures or buildings. Here is what I came up with.




 The above shots were taken all at the same building in Downtown New Haven.  The building had an old architecture feel with the way the building was sculpted and the way the gargoyles and angels sat on the windowsill.
 This shot was taken of another building downtown.  I thought the different color and shapes of the windows looked cool on camera.
 This photo was an action shot while driving over the new bridge.  I didn't mean to take it for this class but I thought it looked nice especially with the clouds in the background. 
 This photo is of the cannon used in the Civil War that sits on the East Haven Green.  It is a landmark in my town and I felt it was an important shot.


 This shot was taken at my church.  The way the steeple contrasts with the clouds gave it a weird but cool mixture.

4 comments:

  1. I'm wondering what kind of camera you are using... I'm seeing a lack of sharpness, maybe from a dirty lens... or a less expensive camera.

    Good to get out and walk around... that's at the heart of what we do for this class. The Angel on the Art history building is a favorite of mine. Have you set up a fotothing account yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Camera is a Kodak EasyShare MD853, it's a little old but I guess if the work is not what you are looking for I will purchase a newer one. My fotothing account is franklyon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The camera should be fine... probably it is not as sharp and the highlights are showing some "bloom" from a dirty lens. You can clean it with a soft cotton cloth like a t-shirt and a mild glass cleaner.

    I can't add you as a friend in fotothing as there aren't any pictures posted there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, be careful not to use "digital zooom" as that degrades the picture quality... only use the 3X optical zoom and move in closer physically f you want the image to be closer...

    ReplyDelete